I believe in the right of free self education and free information. The blog’s content is a compilation of different sorts of information to make knowledge easier for many people. The blog has a majority, of course, of posts of my own creation and thought; other posts will have little ‘chunks’ of information from other sources, most of them being of public domain, such as grammar rules. As I said it before, I believe in the right of free self education and free information, so I DO NOT adjudge the intellectual rights of any of the content of this blog to myself (even my own work) in order to let people use it to expand their knowledge or help others! Although, a tiny reference would be nice… If this blog has helped you, spread the word about it so others can be benefited from it as well!
Some of my posts (most of them are games or ESL activities) are password protected so their contents won’t affect my classes if one my students downloads it.
|411||Information||LOL||Laughing out loud|
|AFK||Away from keyboard||NOOB||Bad gamer|
|AKA||Also known as||NP||No problem|
|ASAP||As soon as possible||NSA||No strings attached|
|ATM||At the moment||NVM||Never mind|
|BC||Because||OMG||Oh my God|
|BF||Boyfriend||P2P||Peer to peer|
|BRB||Be right back||P2P||Pay to play (online gaming)|
|BTDT||Been there, done that||PLZ||Please|
|BTW||By the way||POV||Point of view|
|DIY||Do it yourself||R||Are|
|DL||Download||RIP||Rest in peace|
|ETA||Estimated time of arrival||ROFL||Rolling on floor laughing|
|F2F||Face to face||RT||Retweet|
|F2P||Free to play||SO||Significant other|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions||SOB||Son of a bitch|
|FB||STFU||Shut the fuck up|
|FU||Fuck you||SYL||See you later|
|FYI||For your information||TMI||Too much information|
|GF||Girlfriend||TNT||Til next time|
|G2G||Got to go||TY||Thank you|
|IDK||I don’t know||WTF||What the fuck?|
|IK||I know||XOXOXO||Hugs & kisses|
This video can be used by ESL teachers to practice the use of Present Progressive in a different and funny way in the class.
How to do it?
- Watch the whole video before playing it to your SS.
- Explain Present Progressive to the class.
- Print this practice out and hand it to your SS.
- Instruct them to do the practice and to ask for new vocabulary.
- After your SS have finished, write on the board numbers 1 to 34, and then ask them to go to the board and write the -ing conjugation of each verb.
- Play the video.
- Instruct your SS to say out loud what action is taking placing while the video is being played. Erase the verbs as they are said out loud by your SS.
- Pause the video after every clip has ended so SS have the time to think about the actions that were just happening and ask about new vocabulary.
- Play some clips twice if the SS ask for it.
- The video can be used to practice both Present Progressive and Past Progressive as well as other tenses; it is up to the teacher to use the video in the right way.
- Ask your SS to interrupt the video if needed when saying a Present Progressive sentence. The video or clips can be played again.
- Encourage your SS to say as many possible ongoing actions as possible.
You may want to use this slideshow to help you explain Present Progressive to your SS: