This video can be used by ESL teachers to practice the use of Present Progressive in a different and funny way in the class.
How to do it?
- Watch the whole video before playing it to your SS.
- Explain Present Progressive to the class.
- Print this practice out and hand it to your SS.
- Instruct them to do the practice and to ask for new vocabulary.
- After your SS have finished, write on the board numbers 1 to 34, and then ask them to go to the board and write the -ing conjugation of each verb.
- Play the video.
- Instruct your SS to say out loud what action is taking placing while the video is being played. Erase the verbs as they are said out loud by your SS.
- Pause the video after every clip has ended so SS have the time to think about the actions that were just happening and ask about new vocabulary.
- Play some clips twice if the SS ask for it.
- The video can be used to practice both Present Progressive and Past Progressive as well as other tenses; it is up to the teacher to use the video in the right way.
- Ask your SS to interrupt the video if needed when saying a Present Progressive sentence. The video or clips can be played again.
- Encourage your SS to say as many possible ongoing actions as possible.
You may want to use this slideshow to help you explain Present Progressive to your SS: