Posts Tagged First Conditional
This video can be used by ESL teachers to practice the use of Conditionals and Wish in a very funny way in the class.
How to do it?
- Watch the whole video before playing it to your SS.
- Pause the video at the beginning of each clip to let your SS predict the outcome of the situation.
- Think about the best moment to pause the clips so SS can have the opportunity to use all the correct conditionals and ‘wish’.
- Pause the video after every clip has ended so SS can use more conditionals and ‘wish’.
- The video can be used to practice all Conditionals and Wish; it is up to the teacher to use the video in the right way, so SS do not have to know how to use all conditionals in order to enjoy the activity.
- You have to make sure they are using the correct conditional according to the situation (be very careful when SS use Second Conditional as it is often misused).
- Ask your SS to think about the craziest outcomes for each situation; the crazier or less probable the outcome gets, the more likely they will need Second Conditional.
- Encourage a debate by letting your SS explain why they are using a specific conditional.
You may want to use these slideshows to help you explain Conditionals to your SS:
CLICK HERE to download the “First Conditional” slideshow.
In addition, CLICK HERE to download the “Popular American Superstitions” slideshow which includes examples of the correct use of First Conditional sentences.